Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Birthday Wreaths

I love birthdays! I really, really love them. Especially, when we're celebrating my girls birthdays. I get a kick out of planning the parties and am always looking for new ways to make their birthday special. Miss Monkey is celebrating her 5th birthday this month so we've officially started our new tradition of birthday wreaths!
I always have some kind of wreath on my front doors and have been wanting something birthday related for awhile now. I'd purchased this plastic netting at a local home decor store a year or two ago and didn't have any idea what I'd use it for until I found these awesome plastic balloons at Hobby Lobby. The birthday wreath idea was born!


Aren't the balloons just neat? I love them so much I'm trying to figure out what else I can use them for!


When I was telling a good friend about my plan to make birthday wreaths, she suggested that I put the girls age on the wreath. Genius! I bought a plain number 5 at Hobby Lobby and Modge Podged scrapbook paper on it to make it pretty. I'll switch out the number accordingly as each birthday comes.


I'm going to make a smaller version of the wreath for my side door and post a tutorial soon. Hooray for birthdays!

1 comment:

Team Thompson said...

LOVE IT! Sad we wont see them in person. Have a fun time celebrating and can't wait to see more of your amazing decorations!