Thursday, January 8, 2009

The Painted Garden


Not that long ago it was time to change the nursery to a big girl room for my youngest daughter. When the transition was complete, I was happy with the result, but one of the walls needed some pizazz. A store here had some flowers painted all over their walls, complete with rhinestones, and I thought the idea was fabulous. So, I adapted it a bit and painted a border on the wall. I used the little paint samples that they sell so you can test out a color before buying a gallon to paint the flowers. I did the flowers free-hand, but you could certainly use templates or stencils. I got rhinestones in several different colors and shapes and attached them with hot glue. Right now they are stuck fast to the wall, so hopefully, I won't need to remove them anytime soon!


It turned out really cute (though, I think I'm going to go back and add some more detail with a small pen) and Megan loves it! The wall is directly across from the window, so when the sun hits the wall just right, her room sparkles!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful idea. I love it and can see a little princess laying in bed and watching the wall glisten. Nicely done.