Being the crafty soul that I am, I couldn't go out and purchase it for a party favor, I had to make it. It's surprisingly easy, so if you want to make your own, read on!
- very fine glitter (I purchased a multi pack for $3.99 at Michael's that had lots of colors for you indecisive types like me)
- empty bottles (I got mine at Joann's in a pack of 6 for $2.99)
- Aloe Vera Gel (mine came from Wal-Mart and was about $4)
I made about 14 or so bottles of glitter from one big bottle of aloe vera gel. That will vary depending on the size bottle you use. Each of the little packets of glitter that came in my multi pack made two bottles (I went heavy on the glitter; see above re: my girls and their love affair with glitter)
- Pour a little bit of glitter into the bottom of the empty jar.
- Put a couple of squirts of aloe vera gel into the bottle
- Repeat with glitter and aloe vera gel until you are close to the top, but the bottle isn't all the way full
- Put the cap on
- Shake well to mix (You can also use something long and skinny to stir if you'd want, but shaking mixed it really well for me)
I added labels to my bottles (I used Avery address labels for ink jet printers for my labels), but you could use stickers or rub on's, too.
Easy, isn't it? It lasts a long time when you've got it on, too. How do I know this, you ask? Yup, I slathered myself with the stuff. Somebody had to test it, right? Go forth and shimmer!