Monday, May 18, 2009

Cook Yourself Thin!

I have a new favorite show! It's on Lifetime and it's not your ordinary cooking show. They make yummy things to eat (like cupcakes!), they just show you how to make them with less fat and calories.

I like to cook and bake (well, most days!) so I went out and bought the cookbook. 'Cuz let's face it - my metabolism isn't like it was when I was in my 20's. Gone are the days when I could eat a McDonald's two cheeseburger meal super sized and it wouldn't super size *me*! Oh, early 20's how I miss you! I'm not a Hamburger Helper kind of gal, so making these recipes weren't a stretch for me - I'm already a from scratch cook. Lots of the baked goods require zucchini in place of butter and oil and I can grow zucchini like a champ, so I see lots of muffins in my future!

So far, I've made about 9 recipes out of the cookbook and they are all really yummy! They've got the recipes online, so go forth and cook!

http://www.mylifetime.com/on-tv/shows/cook-yourself-thin

No comments: