Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I love coupons!

When I was younger, I thought coupons were silly. Embarrassing, too. Because if you had to use them, then you must be poor. How wrong I was!

I started clipping coupons a couple of years ago and was intimidated at first. You see, you can clip and use and save a little bit, or you can learn the system and save a lot. There is a bit of a learning curve to learning how the sales/coupon/double coupon system works, but fortunately, it's not a difficult thing to learn.

I started using The Grocery Game but soon realized I didn't need to pay to get the information, that it's at quite a few places for free. My favorite coupon place is Hot Coupon World.

Back to the reason for this post - I had such a shopping high last week. I went to a couple of stores armed with my coupons and sale circulars and got a ton of food for very little money. The best store of the day was Albertson's. I don't go there often because they don't double coupons, but it didn't matter too much this time. I got 20 name brand items for $20.97 after the sale and the coupons! The best part is that it's all stuff we'll use. Here are some of the things I got:
2 frozen pizzas (I keep these on hand for those "emergency" dinners)
5 boxes of Capri Sun/Kool Aid Jammers
Country Crock butter
Velveeta Shells and Cheese
Popsicles
2 bottles of Kraft Salad Dressing
Kraft BBQ Sauce
Ritz Crackers
Cheerios Snack Mix
Kraft Shredded Cheddar Cheese
2 Boxes of Betty Crocker Brownie Mix

Obviously, they had lots of Kraft stuff on sale. If they offered double coupons at Albertsons, my total would have been in the $12 range. But still, I'm pretty happy with the result. So, if you aren't a coupon convert yet, head on over to Hot Coupon World and spend some time on the message boards. Those coupon pros might just convince you!

No comments: