Here's what you need:
- Wooden plaque (available in craft stores)
- A piece of metal (available at home improvement stores. Tip - make sure a magnet will stick to it!)
- Something to glue on top of the magnets (buttons, glass pebbles, scrabble board pieces, etc)
- Strong glue (I used E6000 available at craft stores)
- Letters (I used my Cricut machine, vinyl and the Alphalicious cartridge. You could use scrapbook letters, rub ons, or even small wooden letters)
- Sawtooth hanger
Here's what you do:
- Paint the board. Once the paint was dry, I lightly sanded the edges to give it a distressed look.
- Adhere your letters. I used a T-square as I was sticking the letters down to make sure my lines were straight. Make sure you space your letters so that you leave enough room for the metal piece.
- Place glue on the back of your metal piece and then glue it onto the board. I used clamps to hold it down until it dried, but you could also stack books on top of it to make sure that it adheres well.
- Glue the magnets onto the decorative pieces (buttons, glass pebbles, etc.)
- Turn the board over and attach the sawtooth hanger to the back so it can be hung. If you'd prefer, you could just set it on an easel.